Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Discover your destiny!

       Why would I tell you to "Discover Your Destiny!"?  The simple reason is that when I look back at where I was and where I am now I have to wonder how I arrived here?  If you would have asked me where I was going and what I was going to be doing back when I was 16 I would not have been able to even begin to come close to how my life has been.  If someone would have told me that I'd be living in Iowa I probably would have laughed or if you would have said that I would be travelling the country for my work, I probably would have laughed even more.  I now travel the country and even to Canada and have been living in Iowa for over 3 years.
       When I was 17 and graduated high school I went straight to Lincoln Technical Institute, studied for 20 months and received my A.S.T. in electronics.  I had drive and was eager to learn, looking for that high paying job that the field seemed to offer.  When I graduated, no one wanted a graduate but someone with experience.  When I had experience, employers wanted fresh graduates so they could pay less.  Through it all I don't even truely work in electronics but went to the industrial electrical field.  Now I'm working all sorts of other avenues for revenue and finacial security for my family.
       How do you Discover Your Destiny?  Focus on what you want and learn to recognize opportunities.  Recognizing opportunities are a big reason for where I am today.  This is why I can share this information with you and help you realize your dreams.  When we are born we have two fears 1) the fear of falling and 2) the fear of loud noises.  As we grow up we learn from our surroundings and find new fears.  Fears that are learned are some of the hardest to break away from.  We need to retrain our thinking and our way of life if we wish to achieve our goals.  People with all the riches in the world can die in misery while someone deeply impoverished can rise up and become a huge success.  It all starts with our mind set.  Our families can encourage us or destroy us with mere words.  Our friends will do the same wether they mean well or not.  The perfect example of this is crab trapping.  When a crab is caught an thrown in a bucket, it will continually try climbing out.  If a second crab is caught and added to the bucket, they will prevent each other from climbing out.  As one climbs up the other will pull it back down and vise-versa.  Our family and friends mean well but they tend to pull us back down with things like that won't work or you don't have what you need to make it doing that.  If Walt Disney would have listened to everyone else we would never have the greatest known mouse in the world.  Many things in this world came out of people that had determination and wouldn't take no for an answer.
       Don't let anyone "STEAL" your dream!!!  Remember you always regret the things you didn't accomplish compared to things you have done.

No comments:

Post a Comment