Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Don't sweat the small stuff!

       In these hard economic times we are constantly faced with choices and fill ourselves with worry.  Stress is a very serious problem during financial hardship.  Back in the early 90's, I made an average income of $14,000 a year.  I was lucky to get my own health insurance let alone get any for my wife.  The house and cars needed work and our first child was on the way.  On months that had 5 weeks in it made me over qualified for assistance by a mere $15.  My daughter was born under the Welfare System and after that experience I swore that it would never happen again.  With in the next year I more than doubled my average yearly income.  I could have sat around worrying or stressing out but instead I went into action.
       I made the decision to send out resumes to every conceivable company I could think of.  I had many years of electronic experience and an excellent track record for my work.  I finally landed a job 75 miles away for twice the pay.  This career move opened many doors for me.  I was able to learn more on the evolving Windows when Windows 95 came out.  I learned to work with Access and Excel which furthered  my career options.  I climbed the ladder and was an Assistant Manager before leaving to find something closer to home.  In that time we had one more child and were able to get better vehicles and maintain the house.  This illustrates that if you focus on your goal and remain motivated, you can accomplish anything.  I didn't worry about the details or the small stuff.  I just jumped and ran with it.  I figured everything would pan out in the end which it did.
       If you keep worrying about the little things, they will grow to be big in your mind.  This will cause your pending problems to seem enormous compared to what they really are.  Sit down, lay it all out so you can get a true perspective of the situation.  Set the little things aside and attack the big picture.  I've had many ups and downs in my life.  I've survived family persecution, repossessions, near foreclosures and numerous family related medical conditions.  I have always found a way to make ends meet and put food on the table.  I'm not a millionaire, at least not yet but in my mind I have succeeded many times.  This is the focus of this blog, to let you see that fame and fortune are not the only success.  Having a happy and healthy life is a success in itself.  Living were you want, driving what you want and having the things you want all are successes.  Don't just dream the dream but live it.  How many times do you just stop to look around and see what is really out there?  Seeing what the world has to offer.
       In the mid 90's when I was pulling it all together, I had forgotten the things that I enjoyed.  I focused solely on making money.  I lost sight of the things that really mattered.  I worked around the clock with two jobs Monday through Friday and basically slept the weekend.  I was missing those special moments of my children growing up.  It took me several years to realize that I was doing it all wrong. That I needed to put my family first but that is a story for another day.  I will explain how I saw the light and used it to make a powerful change in my life.
       I want to leave you with one thing that I have found recently that has greatly enhanced my focus and mental capabilities.  Helping me relieve stress and make subtle changes in my life for the better.  Unlock the Potential of Your Mind 

No comments:

Post a Comment